French Short stories:
Learn French through easy and simple French Short Stories with English translation
Navigate across the page
- List of all French short stories
- Introduction – Is French hard or is French Easy? How to speak in French?
- How did we study English? How to learn French?
- Should I study French short stories? What about the English translation?
- Should I read short stories in French?
- Why should I start reading one page stories and not a novel like Harry Potter?
- Why is it hard for a novice to read a French Novel?
- SHOULD I BE TRANSLATING THE ENTIRE STORY?
- Top 10 best, simple and easy French short stories with English translation
Aesop's Fables - Set 1
Aesop's Fables - Set 2
Aesop's Fables - Set 3
Akbar and Birbal - Set 1
Akbar and Birbal - Set 2
French Basic Vocabulary Lists
French Short stories for beginners: How to learn French using French short stories for kids
Trying to see if you want to learn French? Learning French especially is interesting as it is called as a romantic language and many people want to become bilingual, to speak fluently in at least 2 languages, with English and French.
One of the best ways to really learn French is by reading small and simple French Short stories. By reading simple French short stories, you can quickly pick up French vocabulary, reading skills and also sentence formation skills in French.
So where does one find free French short stories. Childhood stories is filled with over 50 super simplified dual language short stories in French and in English. These French short stories are easy to read, understand and complete.
Some of the interesting short stories are Aesop Fables in French, Akbar and Birbal in French, Each French short story is only one page long or only a few paragraphs long and hence wont take anyone more than a few minutes to read. Also the English translation to the French short stories for kids is provided in English so that you can quickly look up the words and memorize!
You can also find loads of free French vocabulary lists in this website and those have hundreds of examples in English and French. Some of the interesting word lists are list of vegetables in French, birds in French, list of insects in French, Furniture in French etc
So what are you waiting for? If you’re looking for French short stories for beginners or if you’re looking to just build your vocabulary, you have come to the right place! Just open childhood short stories and start reading the French short stories here!!!!
There are hundreds of French wordlists which one can start working through on a daily basis. The most popular ones are given below:
Should I study French short stories? What about the English translation?
- With childhood-stories.com, you can read beginnersFrench Short stories .
- These French short stories are made especially for kids.
- These children’s French short stories are simple / easy / free and ones which you would have heard when you were a kid
- Some of the French short stories available are Aesop’s Fables, Tenali Raman or Abkar and Birbal
- Relive the experience but with the same short stories in French, and relish the experience once more.
- Reading in French is the most important aspect of learning any new language.
- By reading in French, you will build up critical vocabulary and also subconsciously memorize the French grammar structure.
- Six months of daily reading of simple French short stories will make a huge difference in your French vocabulary as well as grammar.
How should I start reading short stories in French?
- Start off slowly with simple one page simple short stories in French.
- No one starts with a 300 page novel unless they have already read a few hundred French short stories, comics and magazines.
- Try reading simple one page French short stories on a daily basis.
- There are 7 French short story collections available in this website: Aesop Fables (4 sets), Akbar and Birbal (2 sets), Tenali Raman (1 set).
- The English version of these French Short stories is also available and that too for free.
- A better tip will be to lock yourself in a room and read the French short story loudly and slowly.
- Speed is not of essence since your objective is to learn a new language, not to complete the French short story.
- Consistency and vocabulary should be your focus area.
- In fact, speed reading is detrimental to your learning and you will not have time to process the new words.
Should I be translating the entire French short story?
When you open the French short stories, you will find over 100 simple French short stories such as “Aesop’s Fables” in French, “Tenali Raman” in French or Akbar and Birbal” in French. The story will be easy and simple and will just span one page and you will find it enjoyable to read.
Simply put, these are just French short stories for children and kids. You will find over 100 French short stories in French with English translation side by side.
These small and easy French stories with English translation will make your journey of learning French super fun and also progress much faster.
Top 10 best, simple and easy French short stories with English translation
When we were children, our grandparents would have told us of many short stories of Aesop’s Fables, Tenali Raman and Akbar and Birbal. These French stories were small, cute and filled with morals. The stories are very intellectual and deep thinking and yet very simple to understand. The morals provided in Aesop’s Fables play a key role during the formative lives of many children.
There are hundreds of French stories of such stories and many of them are considered as the best short stories in French for kids and children.
You can read the Top 10 best, simple and easy French short stories with English translation here for free.
Some of the famous french short stories in this collection
Les voyageurs et le sac à main – is a beautiful French short story for children and kids. The story talks about how if one takes the full reward and does not want to share it, one must also take the full dangers with it.
Les abeilles, les guêpes et le frelon – is yet another one of the classic beautiful and simple French short stories for kids. The story talks about honesty is the best policy and that if you lie, one day you will get caught.
Le Wagoner et Hercule – This French short is a very old and very famous Aesop Fable. The French short story talks about how one must not expect everything to be given for free by God and that one must take action on their own