The Ant and the Dove – Aesop’s Fables
Those who love Aesop’s Fables might know the story of the “The Ant and the Dove – Aesop’s Fables”. It is is one of the not so well known stories from the very large collection of the stories from Aesop’s Fables. It is the story of a how helping anyone no matter how small they are will eventually get back to you…..
Once upon a time, there was a very kind Dove who lived in the forest. The Dove used to help every creature in the forest no matter what.
The Dove was pecking at some grains when she saw an Ant fall into the brook. The Ant was struggling to get back to the bank. The kind Pigeon plucked out a long grass and dropped it close to the Ant. The Ant was able to climb on top and hold on to it. The Ant was able to push itself to the shore and save its life.
Soon afterwards, the Ant saw a hunter standing and holding a rock. The Ant turned and saw that the hunter was about the throw the rock straight at his friend, the Dove and kill him. The Ant ran as fast as he could towards the man. When the man was about to throw the stone, the Ant bit the man hard on his heel. The man screamed in pain.
The Dove heard the man screaming and flew away from the hunter.
What is the moral of the story “The Ant and the Dove”?
The moral of the story is that “Kindness is never wasted.” The moral can also be interpreted as “If you do good, good will come to you.” or “one good turn deserves another.”
Other stories which you can read
|The Dog and the Hides|
|The Cock, The Dog and the Fox|
|The Farmer and the Snake|
|The Farmer and the Stork|
|The Cat and the Birds|
Questions and Answers on “The ant and the dove“
- Who are the main characters of the story?
- What happened to the ant?
- How did the dove help the ant?
- What happens at the end of the story?
- What is the moral of the story?
- The main characters of the story are an Ant and a Dove
- The ant fell into the brook
- The dove dropped a leaf next to the ant and saved its life
- A hunter was about to kill the Dove. The Ant bit the man and he screamed. The dove flew away
- The moral of the story is that “Kindness is never wasted.” The moral can also be interpreted as “If you do good, good will come to you.” or “one good turn deserves another.”
The Ant and the Dove – Aesop’s Fables – PDF
Looking for the free downloadable PDF version of the ant and the dove short story in English? If so, you’ve come to the right place. You can click on the link below to download the free story in PDF version format.