The Cat and the Birds
One of the most famous and well known stories of the Aesop’s Fables collection is the story called “The cat and the birds”. In this old Aesop’s Fables story, a hungry cat wants to trick some birds into opening the door and letting them in? Read on about the story….
Once upon a time, there was a cat which was getting old. The cat could not find something to eat and he was hungry.
Mr. Cat thought, “PURR! PURR! I am a smart cat. Let me trick the birds.”
He went around listening to the birds. Mr. Cat had very sharp ears.
He heard the birds say, “Mr. Tweet is sick. He has such a cold. We should take him to a doctor.”
Mr. Cat thought, “PURR! PURR! I should pretend to be a doctor.”
Mr. Cat wore a white suit and a pair of spectacles. He also carried a small leather briefcase.
He knocked on the door of Mr. Tweet and said, “Hello Mrs. Tweet. Is everything well?”
Mrs. Bird was very smart. She immediately saw the cat. She smiled and said, “Tweet! Tweet! Mr. Tweet is unwell but getting better.”
Mr. Cat said, “I am a famous doctor. I can cure Mr. Tweet. I can give him medicines.”
Mrs. Bird said, “Tweet! Tweet! You are a smart cat. We are very well. We would be healthier if you don’t eat us. Please leave us alone.”
Moral of the Story:
“Be wise and shun the quack.”
Questions and Answers on “The Cat and the Birds“
- Who are the main characters of the story?
- Why did the cat dress up as a doctor?
- What does the bird say in the end?
- What is the moral of the story?
- The main characters of the story are a cat and some birds.
- The cat dressed up as a doctor because he heard the birds say, that Mr. Tweet is sick and has such a cold and that they should take him to a doctor.
- The bird says in the end that they would be healthier if the cat doesn’t eat them.
- The moral of the story is, “Be wise and shun the quack.”
The Cat and the Birds – PDF
Looking for the free downloadable PDF version of “The Cat and the Birds”? If so, you’ve come to the right place. You can click on the link below to download the free story in PDF version format.